How to Have a Vehicle or Personal Effects Released from Impound.

Vehicle Release:​ 

  1. The owner must be present or if not present you must provide a notarized letter stating who is authorized to pick up the vehicle
  2. Provide Photo ID such as a Driver's License or Passport.
  3. Provide proof of ownership.  Acceptable forms of proof include the vehicle's current registration, title documentation or DMV print out.  


Cash is the only acceptable form of payment for getting a vehicle released from impound.

To expedite the process for release, the owner may electronically send Completed and Notorized Copies of our Vehicle Release.
Removing Personal Items:  In order to remove personal items from a vehicle in impound following an accident where the insurance company is paying the towing fees you must provide the following:

If the vehicle has a hold order placed on it by a police agency you must present a properly authorized release document from that agency.

License plates must remain on the vehicle until insurance company pays all charges in full and the vehicle is picked up.  There are no exceptions to this requirement.

Towing and storage fees must be paid in full if attempting to pick up personal items prior to insurance company accepting liability for all charges.  Written proof of insurance company acceptance of towing and storage fees must be presented on insurance company's letterhead.

Please note that if there is no valid collision insurance the owner of the vehicle is responsible for the towing related charges and disposal of the vehicle.

YOU MUST CALL OUR IMPOUND RELEASE NUMBER 203-699-6970 TO HAVE A VEHICLE RELEASED LLC - 690 Main Street - Oakville, CT   (203) 528 - 0124                                            Copyright © 2017 llc All rights reserved.